Ice breaker – optional (Schuyler on Ellen)
Host introductory comments
· Why are we here and what are we trying to accomplish?
· What are we going to do?
START of LaneChanger MODULES
· Introduction Module
· Terminology Module
· Why are pronouns important? What is misgendering/deadnaming?
· Aren't they/them pronouns for a single person grammatically incorrect?
· How is biological sex not binary
1. What is a respectful way to meet someone new?
2. What happens when someone addresses you, your dog or your sibling with the wrong pronouns?
· What does "cis" mean?
· What is Gender Dysphoria?
· What is the gender binary?
· Can you explain sexuality vs. gender identity?
1. Is your gender a choice?
2. Is your sexuality a choice?
· How did your parents, your family, your friends react when you came out?
· How did you come out to your Korean grandparents?
· How did your teammates react?
1. Have you ever felt uncomfortable telling a family member something about yourself or your identity?
2. What does belonging feel like?
· What are common misconceptions about trans people?
· How do I deal with a parent who rejects their child's transness?
· How do you respond to religious criticism?
· How do you deal with hatred and bigotry
1. Have you ever experienced bigotry or discrimination yourself or against someone else?
2. What did you do?
· Why are gender neutral bathrooms important?
· What are your thoughts about people who are uncomfortable with trans people in bathrooms?
1. Who else benefits from single stall bathrooms?
2. Have you ever felt uncomfortable in a bathroom? Why?
KIDS / Optional
· Should we talk about gender with kids?
· What are some of the questions kindergarteners ask you?
· Is being transgender just a phase?
· Are kids too young to know they're transgender?
SPORTS / Optional
· What to say to parents that protest trans athletes?
· Do you think the inclusion of trans girls in girls' sports is fair?
· What if I am a trans ally, I just don't think it's fair for trans athletes to play?
· What if an athlete is resistant to trans athletes?
· What would you tell a resistant official?
· What can I do to make my team more inclusive?
· How can I be an ally?
· What is 'cisgender' and why should I use this label if I'm not transgender?
· How can a workplace better support LGBTQ+ folks?
· What if someone tells me they're trans?
· What should I do if someone calls me transphobic?
What about Schuyler’s story surprised you or changed your perspectives?
How have you seen or experienced misconceptions, personal biases and/or prejudices limit, RESTRICT or MODIFY your behavior or the behavior or rights of others?
What concrete action can you take to create a more inclusive, open and accepting environment for yourself and others?
Is there something you want others to know and respect about your journey, your struggles, your perspectives, your dreams?